12.17.2014

bonne année!




it's time to reflect...it's time to get mushy and sentimental and probably shed a tear as i remember what happened this past year.

this past year was, hands down, the greatest challenge i've ever had! i've been through some shit in other eras that it seems strange to compare, but, damn! sometimes emotions are so consuming, that you can't believe you are literally still alive and breathing after having felt them.

twenty-eight, the hardest year, can also be labelled as the BEST year! i don't know if that's the truth, either one of those labels, but based on the way i'm feeling right now (for the past four months) ... i just can't get over how blessed i am! i'm too happy, i'm gonna bust, i'm freakin' me out. 

this post is really just for me, maybe to read next year on the day of my birth, but i want to remember some things i survived, some things i discovered, and the gifts that were sent to me.


twenty-eight things that happened in the twenty-eighth year 

 1. cried myself to sleep on my twenty-eighth birthday
 2. was in belle river for new years and went on a journey late at night in the snow
 3. did a crazy-ass ten day cleanse
 4. went to florida on a family vacation
 5. travelled to toronto almost every other weekend from feb - june 
 6. saw a naturopath, acupuncturist, and rmt regularly and learned a lot about health
 7. worked a 8-5 desk job for six months and saved a bunch of money
 8. paid off one of my student loans  
 9. went to the foundry series and had my mind blown by shed
10. recorded my first mix
11. went to movement alone and danced for three days straight
12. ended a romantic relationship with the one i loved most
13. biked my way around essex county
14. learned some detroit street smarts the hard way
15. started writing a new business plan
16. got a weiner dog (!!!)
17. got another tattoo 
18. went on a dream road trip with my mom
19. lost my mind in san francisco
20. biked the golden gate and all around portland
21. met an uncanny number of wonderful colombians
22. learned how to leave behind 90% of things i find in the thrift store
23. visited the farm my mom grew up on
24. learned that i prefer going dancing by myself 
25. fell in love with detroit
26. visited my grandmas house for the first time since she passed on
27. tried winter running and realized i love it/ran farther than i've ever run before   
28. became obsessed with techno



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...